Exclusive Releases Available From The Replacements,
Velvet Underground, Devo, Grateful Dead, The Monkees,
Blue Man Group, The Cars, Cibo Matto, And More
TORONTO– January has long been a barren wasteland in the world of new music releases. With most acts rushing to get albums out before the holidays, the first month of the year has far too often been an afterthought to record labels. Rhino changes all that in 2016 with their first ever “Start Your Ear Off Right” campaign. On Friday, January 22, Rhino will release 15 titles from some of the most revered acts in music including, The Cars, The Replacements, and Velvet Underground, many of them limited editions. Full details are listed below. These will be available only at participating brick and mortar retail outlets.
The Monkees will kick off their 50th Anniversary with two special releases as part of the “Start Your Ear Off Right” campaign on January 22nd. The Monkees Cereal Box Singles features faithful reproductions, cardboard and all, of four vinyl 7-inch singles mirroring the 1960’s cereal box giveaways. The Monkees Classic Album Collection will also be available, compiling all 10 of the band’s classic studio albums in one boxed set.
January 22nd will also see the first breakout single show from the Grateful Dead’s sold-out 30 Trips Around The Sun boxed set will also be available with the release of the 3-LP set Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles, CA 11/10/67, which will be a limited edition of 6,700 copies.
As a nod to Rhino’s past, fans can also purchase a limited edition reissue of the classic 7-inch single “Some Kazoos” from the Temple City Kazoo Orchestra, which was one of the label’s first ever releases back in 1978.
FULL LIST OF TITLES
Velvet Underground – Live At Max’s Kansas City
- 2015 expanded remaster of the legendary live recording from Max’s Kansas City on August 23, 1970
- Available as 2LP on 180-gram vinyl or CD
The Replacements – Sorry Ma, , Stink, Hootenanny, Let It Be
- Standard weight, regular color (black), not limited, essential vinyl for every ‘Mats fan.
- The Twin/Tone era LPs are available again after being out of print for over 20 years. Fresh out of the -Twin/Tone LP box set, you can now choose your poison:
Devo – Freedom Of Choice
- 35th anniversary limited edition on red, white, and blue swirl 12-inch vinyl.
Grateful Dead – Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles, CA 11/10/67
- 3LP set on 180-gram vinyl
- Limited to 6700 world wide
- Mixed and mastered by Jeffrey Norman from the 8-track analog master tapes
- Mastered by Grammy-winning engineer David Glasser
The Cars – The Cars
- Classic 1978 debut album
- Limited edition blue vinyl
The Monkees – Classic Album Collection
- 10CD set
- Nine original albums + bonus disc of content
- Includes: The Monkees; More of the Monkees; Headquarters; Pisces, Aquarius, Capricorn & Jones Ltd.; The Birds, The Bees & The Monkees; Head; Instant Replay; Present; Changes; + bonus disc of singles.
The Monkees – Cereal Box Singles
- Reproduction of singles originally released on cereal boxes in 1960s, set of 4 7-inch singles,
- Track list:
Blue Man Group – Giacometti
- Backed with “Ready Go”
- All new music from the Blue Man Group Creative Collective
- Limited edition blue vinyl 7”
Cibo Matto – Viva La Woman
- Debut album from downtown NYC duo
- Limited edition 180-gram opaque orange vinyl
Jackie Brown – Music From The Miramax Motion Picture
- Limited edition 180-gram yellow vinyl
- 13 classic tracks from Bill Withers, Minnie Riperton, Bobby Womack
- + dialog from the film
Temple City Kazoo Orchestra – Some Kazoos
- 37th anniversary of Rhino’s first release
- Limited edition 7-inch reissue of early Rhino single on burgundy vinyl
Various Artists – The Complete Stax/Volt Singles (1959-1968)
- 9 discs and 244 tracks
- Back in print after being unavailable for over a decade.